Last week I said that I would post some pictures of my etching experiments. Here they are.
This is a piece of brass etched with the Edinburgh etch solution. I copied the image onto a transparency and ironed it on to the metal before etching.
This is copper etched with ferric chloride. I drew the design with a Sharpie marker.
These are pieces of a brass charger plate I cut up. I stamped the image on the left with a rubber stamp and Stayz on Ink
This is a black and white image I reproduced onto a sheet of label backing with a laser printer then ironed on to copper. I used Edinburgh etch solution.
Here, I inked a rubber stamp with a black Sharpie pen and etched the copper with ferric chloride.
I made this resist pattern with a silk screen and thick acrylic paint. It worked well, but I found it difficult to get a paint that would not bead up on the metal.