I was going through my workshop the other day and found a necklace I’d made for my Mother-in-Law years ago. The necklace had five big (20-25 mm) round beads I made on aluminum foil cores. I’d strung them with bugle beads and crystals. I didn’t like the overall necklace design but I liked the beads.
I dig up some more of the beads from that series that I had saved, Most of them have inclusions or metal leaf covered that I with translucent clay and sanded smooth.
This one has scraps of newspaper under the layer of translucent clay. I should play some more with this idea-maybe comics or newsprint from a local Chinese language newspaper.
And here are some new ideas in the process of germinating. I am not sure where I’m going with these yet. That makes it fun.