I’m back in the pottery studio this week. I plan to revisit the tar paper technique for hand building. Preferably with some interesting surface designs. Here are some pictures of a vase in progress.
I made two pieces this year that I actually like. Imagine that!
This next one, also slated for the fundraiser, is hand built earthenware, screen printed and painted and is about 7″ wide at the base and 11″ tall to the top of the lid. It is perfect for a cookie jar.
The last piece is a failure. It went into the bisque fire looking like this:
and came out missing a side piece. I decided to glaze it anyway. I like the surface effect but this one goes into the reject pile. I kept the pattern, however, and am going to attempt this one again. It’s about 14″ tall.